In order for your business (or any business for that matter) to succeed, you need one thing, and one thing only: paying customers. It’s over-simplified but that’s the heart of it. It’s why you opened your doors in the first place – to have customers.
In today’s ever more competitive market (not to mention economically strainged market), it’s more important than ever to do two things for your small or medium business:
1. Stand out from the competition
2. Offer more value
One of the best ways to get new customers and get existing customers to come back and buy more is with a Mobile App.
Here are some interesting stats to show why Mobile Apps have become one of the best methods for interacting with customers:
- 100 billion smartphones active (estimated by 2013)
- 40% of all mobile phones are smartphones
- There are 4 times as many people who own mobile phones than own a home computer or laptop
- 80% of U.S. population own a cell phone (250 million)
- iTunes: 500,000 apps, 200 million iOS users, 15 billion downloads
- Android: 250,000 apps, 135 million users, 10 billion downloads
- 500,000 new Android devices are activated daily
- 10% of all Google page views are from a mobile device
- 23 hours/day = the average number of hours that a smartphone user is within 10 feet of their device
- 97% of all push notifications (In-App, SMS, etc.) are opened and read (versus 4% of emails)
- Over 100 billion push notifications sent since 2009
As you can see, putting your business in your customer’s pocket with a mobile app is becoming more and more effective. Imagine having your message opened 97% of the time (versus sending an email and getting 4% opened).
Here are some examples of ways to use a custom mobile app to increase your sales:
- A local restaurant knows that Tuesdays are slow. They send out a push notification for a “Tuesday Special Discount” to get customers on a slow night. They know that an average of 97% of their app users will see that message!
- That same restaurant can use “GPS Coupons” to allow their customers to check-in when they arrive. The more check-ins that a customer has, the better the coupon will be. This will give the customers the incentive to come back more often.
- A local nail salon can implement a customer loyalty program using a special QR Code check-in each time a customer gets her nails done. After 5 check-ins, a coupon is unlocked and the 6th nail service is free.
- An insurance agency can provide a service where their customers can take pictures and upload them to the agency (for filing claims).
- A website that sells exotic pet supplies can create a calendar of events to let their customers know what special shows they are attending or let them know of an upcoming event where they will have specials for people that use their smartphone.
The possibilities are endless. A custom mobile app can give you all of the above and more. Hopefully you are already coming up with ideas of how to leverage a mobile app in your business.
The next step is to see how easy it is to get a customized mobile app for your business. Contact us today to see how easy and cost effective it is to bring this technology into your business so that you can start to get a ton of new customers and keep your existing customers coming back for more.
Don’t hesitate…your competition may already be looking at this same article. Contact us today and get started with your own Mobile App.